STD Check is one of the most experienced STD testing companies in the United States. They have provided over 2 million tests so far and provide people with thousands more every year. The company is focused on STD testing, so they don’t have general health and wellness tests available, which some people may find disappointing. For those who only want the STD tests, however, this company is a clear leader. One thing that really sets this company apart from the competition is the fact that they do not offer in-home testing. Instead all of their tests are taken at one of their 4500+ locations throughout the country.
How it Works
STD Check works differently than most other companies that offer similar services. The first thing you will do is go online and select which tests you need to have performed. They have the ability to test for virtually every type of STD. You can choose to either test only for one specific STD or get multiple tests at a discounted price. The following are some of the different testing options available:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
Upon checkout they will send you the lab form that you need, which you can print out at home. Once filled out, you will bring the paper into a local lab. They have more than 4500 testing labs spread out across the United States, so the chances are there is one near you.
Once at the lab you will hand them the paperwork, and they will give you the items you need to take the test. You will then be brought to a private room to complete the test. The labs will have nurses and other medical professionals there to answer any questions and help you with anything you need. In most cases the actual tests will take just a couple minutes, after which you can go home. Tests results are generally available in 1-2 days, though you can also request an express analysis and get same day results! The results will be displayed in your private online account.
What’s Inside the Kit
Unlike other online STD testing kits, this one does not actually send you a kit. This is because they do all their testing at local labs. The only thing they will send you is the lab forms that you print off, fill out, and bring with you to the lab when ready to take the test. On these forms you will find key information about your tests, including:
- Instructions – They provide detailed instructions on how to prepare for your test.
- What to Expect – These forms will let you know what you will experience when you get to the lab so you know what to expect.
- Personal Information – You will need to fill out the forms with your information. Don’t worry, however, they will never share this information with anyone!
- Post Test Instructions – You’ll also get instructions on what to do after your test in order to access your results. This will include details about setting up your online account where the results will be posted.
About the Service
STD Check is one of the top companies in the country for this type of lab testing. They have really done a great job at making sure it is fast and easy to take an STD test and get the results.
- Where to Take the Test – All STD tests are taken in a professional lab located in your area.
- Is a Referral Needed – No referral is needed for any of the tests offered by STD Check.
- Is Medical Advice Available – Yes. If you need help taking the test the lab staff will be there to assist. After you get your results you can consult with a nurse or doctor about what next steps you should take.
- How Long does it Take to Get the Results – Results are typically available within 1-2 days. Many tests can even provide same day results!
- Services After the Test – After you take one of these tests you can discuss the results with a doctor or a nurse, and if needed, get a prescription for antibiotics or other treatments.
All the tests are quite affordable and able to provide you with the exact information you need. You can purchase tests individually or go with a 10-test panel to cover all your bases. The 10-test panel tests for hepatitis A, B, and C, Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes 1 & 2, and HIV type 1 and 2. This test will cost just $198. If you want to add the HIV RNA early detection to your tests the price goes up to $349. Individual tests cost between $65 and $100, though some can be bundled for additional savings. Unless you are quite confident that you know exactly which STD you have been exposed to, it will typically be the best deal to just get the 10-test bundle, so you know exactly where you stand.
There are several different types of customer service to be aware of with STD Check. Understanding the options and knowing who to talk to if you have issues, is important.
- Online Site Assistance – The first option is if you are having trouble with the website itself, including with ordering your test. To get help with this you can read through their FAQ page, or call their 24/7 help line.
- Lab Assistance – The customer service available at your local lab will actually be a part of the company that runs the lab, not STD Check. Despite this, however, they are an important part of the overall customer care provided.
- Health Specialists – Finally, the health specialists at STD Check are available 24/7 via phone to discuss test results, provide medical advice, and much more. They have both doctors and nurses available when you need them.
Privacy & Security
STDCheck takes your privacy and security very seriously. They know that the results of your tests, or even just having people find out you took these tests, could have serious consequences in your life. With this in mind they take a lot of precautions to ensure your privacy is safe. This starts by not accepting any type of health insurance, so there is no way the results can get reported back to them. This also helps to ensure the results are never reported to your employer. All data on their website, and all your results, are encrypted using industry standard security options so that nobody can access the information.
STD Check has helped facilitate more tests than just about any other service out there. If you don’t mind going to a physical lab to take your test, this is clearly one of the best options to consider. Most people in the country will be near an authorized lab testing location, so convenience shouldn’t be a big problem. On top of that, this company is quite affordable whether you are buying individual tests or bundles, which is why they are one of our top recommended services.