My Lab Box is an at home testing company that provides you with easy access to dozens of the most common health and wellness tests possible. This includes STD testing, fertility testing, disease testing, and more. They ship you everything you need to complete these tests, including the shipping materials to return the samples. The tests are then performed in approved facilities, and the results delivered to you securely and privately online. This service has been available through My Lab Box for several years now and during that time they have earned an excellent reputation for quality.
How it Works
When you first visit the My Lab Box website you will want to go to their available tests page and choose the ones you want. They have several individual tests that look at specific things, but there are also quite a lot of testing packs that offer multiple tests in one kit. These bundles are usually the best option since they are quite a bit less expensive than purchasing each test separately.
My Lab Box puts their tests into several different categories to make it easier to find what you need. The available categories are:
- STD/STI Testing – This is where all STD and STI related tests are located, including those for HPV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, and HIV.
- Fertility Tests – You can find testosterone tests, male fertility tests, ovarian reserve tests, and more in this section.
- General Health – The general health tests will look at things like diabetes screening, heavy metal testing, gluten sensitivity testing, and much more.
After you have selected the tests you need and paid for them, My Lab Box will ship them directly to your door in a discrete box. In most cases they will arrive within a couple days of ordering. You can then take the tests at a time that is convenient for you. The tests take less than five minutes to complete, though some will require you to fast for several hours before or to take them first thing in the morning.
Once the required samples are collected you will seal them up in the shipping container provided and send them back. When they arrive at the lab they will quickly complete the analysis and upload your results to your private account on their website. This normally takes 2-4 days, including shipping time.
What’s Inside the Kit
Each kit will include everything you need to collect the required samples right at home. Everything will be clearly labeled and include easy to understand instructions to help avoid any type of confusion. The specific items inside each kit will vary based on the type of testing that is being performed. In general, however, you will find these items:
- Instructions – Detailed instructions on what you need to do in order to complete the test.
- Sample Containers – Containers designed to keep the samples safe and secure.
- Lancets – If your test requires a blood sample, the kit will include lancets to allow you to take a sample quickly and (almost) painlessly.
- Shipping Materials – They send you the shipping materials necessary for returning your samples for testing.
About the Service
My Lab Box has done a great job at making it extremely easy to get testing completed. Perhaps more importantly, they have also made it something you can do in private so there is absolutely no need to be embarrassed or worry about people finding out. Before making any decisions about which testing service you want to use, make sure to read through the following items about My Lab Box:
- Where is the Test Taken – You will collect all samples from the comfort of your home. You then mail them (in provided packaging) to the lab for analysis.
- Is a Prescription or Doctor’s Referral Required – There is no need to get any type of referral or prescription to have these tests performed.
- How Soon Are Results Available – Results are typically available within 2-4 days after sending your samples to the lab.
- What Happens After the Results are Ready – Details of the lab results can be reviewed online at your convenience. If needed, My Lab Box will put you in contact with a physician they work with in your state to get treatment.
The prices from My Lab Box are very competitive. They aren’t the cheapest you’ll find online, but when you consider the fact that you don’t need to drive to a lab or be inconvenienced, the slight increase in price is justified. The price also includes the shipping of the testing kits both ways, so it really does make sense. The prices depend on what tests need to be performed. For individual tests the price starts at $57.50 and go up from there. You can save a lot of money by bundling the tests as well. For example, their “Total Box” kit tests for 14 separate STDs and costs just $369. They even have an option for STD testing for two people, which is ideal for new couples!
My Lab Box provides excellent customer service throughout your testing experience. If you need help choosing which tests you need, for example, you can get in touch with them via phone or live chat. Their medical specialists will be happy to recommend the exact options you need to stay safe and healthy. You can also reach out to them with questions about how to take the test, how to ship it back, or anything else you need. They are available M-F 8AM-6PM PST with any questions you may have.
Once you get the results from your tests you may need to speak with a doctor about what next steps you should take. If this is the case, My Lab Box will refer you to one of their partner physicians in your own state who can write prescriptions and provide other help as needed.
Privacy & Security
Your privacy and security are always going to be a top concern for My Lab Box. They will never reveal the results of your tests to anyone including employers, family members, insurance providers, or anyone else. All your testing information is accessible only from your account, which is secured and safe online. The fact that you complete all the testing right from your own home adds a further level of privacy since nobody (not even lab employees) will see you or know you are taking the test.
If you want to take a test from home, this company should definitely be on your short list of options. They provide excellent results quickly and will be there to help you with anything you need. Of all the at-home lab testing providers, this is easily one of the best and one that we highly recommend to all our readers.