Health Testing Centers is one of the oldest and best-established lab testing providers in the industry today. They got their start way back in 1980, serving residents of South Florida. In 2008 they expanded their services to offer online options, which has allowed them to serve customers from throughout the country. Working with LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics to ensure they get accurate results every time. Today you will have the options to either take tests at home and ship them to a lab for testing, or go into the lab to get it done right away. Having both options is typically not available through other providers, which is something that really sets this company apart.
How it Works
Health Testing Centers offers an extensive list of different tests to help you with all your health related needs. Some of them are available for in-home testing, and others will require you to visit a local lab to have the testing completed. Either way, the first step is to choose which tests you need. To help with this, the company has separated their tests into various categories that will help you to find exactly what you need very quickly. The categories of tests include:
- STD/STI Testing
- Prostate Testing
- Thyroid Testing
- Hormone Testing
- Cancer Screening
- Allergy Testing
- Diabetes Related Testing
- Many More
If you choose the at-home testing options you will be sent a kit that has everything you need to collect a sample. From there, you mail the sample to the lab in the prepaid packaging. The lab will conduct the analysis and have your results available on the website within a few days.
For those who need to go into the lab to complete the testing, Health Testing Centers will send you a doctor’s order. This can be printed off or faxed to the lab nearest you. You then go to the lab at a time that is convenient for you, and they will walk you though submitting the required samples. This is typically a blood sample, saliva sample, urine sample, or stool sample. This takes about 5 minutes to complete. The lab will conduct the analysis and typically have the results up within a day or two, sometimes the same day you took the tests.
Once you have the results available you can review them on your secure online account. If you need to discuss your results with a doctor or other medical professional, Health Testing Centers will refer you to a trusted partner. If you just have questions about reading your results, their customer service team can provide you with the information you need.
What’s Inside the Kit
The contents of what you receive will depend on whether you are taking your samples at home, or at a lab. If you will be going into a lab you will only receive your doctor’s request forms to be filled out and instructions on what to expect.
If you are getting one of the many at-home tests, your kit will include the following items:
- Instructions – The instructions provided are chosen specifically for the tests you will take to help ensure they are accurate.
- Sample Containers – Each type of sample has its own unique container so it can be safely shipped back to the lab.
- Sample Collection Tools – If anything is needed to take the sample, such as a lancet for a blood sample or a cotton swab for a saliva sample, it will be included in the kit.
- Return Shipping Containers – You will be provided with the shipping materials needed, postage paid, to send your samples back to the lab.
About the Service
Health Testing Centers is one of the only companies that offers both at-home and in-lab testing options. If you choose to get your testing taken care of by them, you will want to be aware of the following things:
- Where to Take Your Test – If you select an at-home test, you can do it wherever you would like. For an in-lab test, you can choose from one of over 4000 locations throughout the country.
- Do You Need a Referral – There is no need to have a doctor’s referral or approval for any of their tests.
- Can You Get Medical Advice – They don’t have doctor’s on staff to answer questions, but they do have a network of physicians that they can refer you to. For basic questions about what testing means, they do have experienced customer service staff ready to assist.
- When Will Results be Available – If you have your samples collected in a lab they will be ready in 1-3 days in almost all cases. For at-home testing you will need to add a day or two to that timeline depending on where you are located.
There are quite a few factors that come into play when it comes to pricing the tests with this company. For in-lab tests, the price will be different based on which lab you choose. For example, their ‘Basic Health Check’ lab tests, cost $129 if you use a LabCorp facility, or $99 at Quest Diagnostics. They have discount packages as well to help bring the total costs down if you need multiple different tests run at the same time. Overall, the prices at Health Testing Centers are in line with what you would find through other popular testing providers.
The customer service team is very helpful and more than happy to answer any questions you may have about their service. They have trained professionals who are ready to help you choose the right tests based on your specific situation.
After you get the results from your test you can ask to be referred to one of their partner doctors in your state to get prescriptions or other medical guidance. If you just need help understanding what your test results mean, you can work directly with the team at Health Testing Centers to get the information you need. They are available via phone or email
Privacy & Security
Health Testing Centers is compliant with all privacy and security laws and regulations that apply to the medical industry. This includes HIPPA, which means they can not legally disclose any of your information to unauthorized third parties. You don’t have to worry about testing results being released to employers, insurance providers, family members, or anyone else. Your online account is protected using strong encryption and other computer standards that will help to ensure your privacy is not compromised.
Health Testing Centers is one of the only services that has both home testing and lab testing options available, which helps to set it apart right from the start. The company has also been open since 1980, making them one of the best-established testing companies serving the market today. No matter what type of testing you need, this company will undoubtedly be able to get you results quickly and accurately, which is why it is one of our most highly recommended options.