Everly Well was founded in 2015 to provide people with access to the testing that they need to help manage their own health. This company was featured on the popular television show, “Shark Tank” which helped it to quickly grow its popularity. All tests run by this company are processed in a CLIA-certified facility, which adheres to the highest standards possible to ensure you get the results you’re looking for.
How it Works
Everly Well offers at-home testing kits that will allow you to better manage your overall health. They offer over 30 different tests, which will help you to manage just about every aspect of your health and lifestyle. All their tests work by having you take a sample (typically a blood sample) and ship it back to them so that it can be analyzed at their CLIA laboratories. When done, they will post your results into your online account so you can review them at your leisure.
The testing available is in five main categories, though there is some overlap with tests being found in multiple areas. These categories are:
- General Wellness – This category includes options like food sensitivity tests, heart health tests, Lyme disease tests, heavy metals tests, and more.
- Men’s Health – In this section are testosterone tests and others that are specifically for men.
- Women’s Health – The women’s test category includes fertility tests, HPV tests, post-menopause tests, and more.
- Energy & Weight – Here you can test your metabolism, your thyroid, vitamin D, and inflammation.
- Sexual Health – This is where you will find all the STD/STI tests including chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis, HIV, syphilis, and others.
Once you have ordered the tests that you want to take they will ship them from their facility within one business day. Upon arrival you can take the test at any time that is convenient for you. Almost all the tests will simply require that you take a small sample of your blood, which can be attained using the included lancets. You will then put the sample in the included packaging and ship it back to the lab for analysis.
In a few days when the analysis has been completed, you will log into your account and review the results. All the results are kept available for you to look through whenever you would like. If you take tests regularly, you can compare the results over time so you can better track your health as you age. If you have any questions about the test results you can work with the Everly Well clinical support team.
What’s Inside the Kit
Every kit from Everly Well is going to include the same basic things since almost all tests they perform require the same sample. In each test you will find:
- Registration Information – This will provide the physicians and lab analysists the information needed to accurately process your tests.
- Instructions – The instructions are very clear and easy to follow.
- Collection Tools – Each kit includes sterile collection tools so you can get a clean sample that will provide accurate testing results.
- Return Shipping – The return shipping makes it easy to pack up and send out right away.
About the Service
Understanding the testing service from start to finish is very important. The following key points will help you to understand how this will work so you know exactly what you need to do:
- Where to Take the Test – You want take the test in a private area that is clean and comfortable. Most people take the tests right from their own home.
- Referral – You do not need a doctor’s referral or prescription to have these tests performed.
- Insurance – Everly Well does not accept any insurance payments. They do, however, accept FSA and HSA payment cards.
- Results – You will get the results of your test within about a week of when you order your kit. This includes shipping time, taking the samples, and shipping them back.
The tests from this provider are among the lest expensive around. Most individual STD tests (including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV) are just $39 each, which is a great deal. If you need multiple STD tests performed you can save even more by bundling tests. For example, the female STD tests, which includes chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis C, herpes type 2, HIV, syphilis, and trichomoniasis, is just $199. If you choose to subscribe and receive the same tests every month, quarter, or semi-annually you can save an additional 15-25% off the total price.
The customer support team is open from 9AM to 5PM CST, Monday through Friday. This is support for their website, orders, and other general questions and issues. You can reach out to them via email or phone for your convenience. In addition, they have an easy FAQ page that will answer most types of questions.
If you have questions about the tests results, or you need help choosing which tests you need, you can reach out to their support team for that as well. If you need help reading your results, their team is there for that. If you need medical advice or a prescription, Everly Well is going to refer you out to one of their network of doctors. These doctors don’t work for the company, but are trusted partners who can help you based on the results of your tests.
Privacy & Security
All your personal information, as well as the results of your tests, are kept completely private. Every person who uses this service gets their own online account that they can log into to review their personalized results. Everly Well follows all HIPPA standards and will never share your information with employers, family members, insurance companies, or other parties.
Everly Well is a great testing company that has a lot to offer to their customers. They have fewer total tests than many other companies, so make sure you review the list of options to ensure what you need is available. For most people, however, the tests they want will be available and affordable. Getting your results will take a little longer than if you use a service that has you go into a lab, but the convenience of taking samples at home is very attractive to many people.